Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC MC34PF3000A0EP

Jump to solution
priteshanil
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using MC34PF3000A0EP PMIC on one of Our board. We have programmed SW2 buck regulator channel with 1.8V and 1.25A.

We have following queries on that - 

1) Can it handle 1.2A load at 40 deg temperature?  How much current it can handle at 40 deg.

2) Can please provide temperature vs current graph for SW2.

3) In datasheet minimum value of SW2 current is 1.25A ,what will be the normal and  maximum value?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pritesh,

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am afraid that such information is not available (temperature vs current graph). In this case, the efficiency of the SW2 would be 2% to 3% lower in high temperature conditions (close to 85 degree).

As mentioned above, the operating temperature range of the device goes from -40 to 85 degree for consumer applications. So, it is guaranteed that the SW2 can handle 1.2A at 40 degree.

Feel free to let me know if you found this information useful. You are welcome to ask any further questions.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pritesh,

Please review the information below:

The operating temperature range of the device goes from -40 to 85 degree for consumer applications.

So, it is guaranteed that the SW2 can handle 1.2A at 40 degree.

I have already requested more information. Upon receiving a response, I will contact you immediately.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
priteshanil
Contributor I

Hello David,

It is pretty urgent. It will be helpful if get info ASAP.

Regards,

Pritesh

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pritesh,

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am afraid that such information is not available (temperature vs current graph). In this case, the efficiency of the SW2 would be 2% to 3% lower in high temperature conditions (close to 85 degree).

As mentioned above, the operating temperature range of the device goes from -40 to 85 degree for consumer applications. So, it is guaranteed that the SW2 can handle 1.2A at 40 degree.

Feel free to let me know if you found this information useful. You are welcome to ask any further questions.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos