Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA9701 PCA9702 SPI explanation and example

Jump to solution
travist
Contributor II

Hello,

I am looking at using the PCA9701 in some of my products. I realize the SPI interface appears to be simple, but the explanation of use seems a little vague on the datasheet and I would appreciate a little more detail on how to use this product. 

I would be using it with 12v pull ups, then run through 100k resistors into the inputs. The outputs would be pulled low for "active" states. 

Thank you for the time.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
travist
Contributor II

It looks like I made the stereotypical issue of searching for a hardware issue when it happened to be a design issue. I had other CS lines active causing other SPI devices to corrupt the response of the PCA9701. 

The chip is actual as simple as it seems. 
Polarity = 0

Phase = 1

You then send 2 dummy bytes to receive 2 bytes showing the IO states. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
travist
Contributor II

It looks like I made the stereotypical issue of searching for a hardware issue when it happened to be a design issue. I had other CS lines active causing other SPI devices to corrupt the response of the PCA9701. 

The chip is actual as simple as it seems. 
Polarity = 0

Phase = 1

You then send 2 dummy bytes to receive 2 bytes showing the IO states. 

0 Kudos
travist
Contributor II

I am having some trouble making this chip work and some clarity of Phase, Polarity, what should be sent, and what is expected to be returned will help remove variables while troubleshooting this. 

Thanks

0 Kudos