cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA Update from IOS for MKW31Z512

christopher_den
Contributor I

Dear NXP,

My team and I are working on a project using MKW31Z512 w/BLE. We are trying implement OTA transfer of .srec file from an IOS mobile application we built. Are there any code examples or guides available for IOS developers to implement OTAP in mobile application for this chip?

thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris, I hope you're doing well!

There's an example project available in the KW31Z/KW41Z's SDK showing how to configure the device and perform an OTA update from either the iOS or Android IoT Toolbox mobile applications to the KW31Z/41Z.

This SDK example can be found on the following path of the KW31Z's SDK:

<…\SDK_2.2.1_MKW31Z512xxx4\boards\frdmkw41z\wireless_examples\bluetooth\otap_client_att>

There's also more information about the OTA procedue in the BLE Application Developer's Guide, in the following path of the SDK:

<…SDK_2.2.1_MKW31Z512xxx4\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\BLE Demo Applications User's Guide.pdf>

For development purposes, we recommend using the FRDM-KW41Z even if development is being done for the KW31Z. These devices are compatible as long as the code doesn't use components not found on the KW31Z version of the MCU.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos