cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM2NTP5332 NTAG 5 on Raspberry PI

h5
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a OM2NTP5332 NTAG 5 board and I want to use it with a raspberry PI. I want to establish a communication between the raspberry's i2c bus and the board.

I read the board's manual, but I don't find how to use it on a raspberry with Raspberry PI OS (debian based).  I had tried to find some python smbus code example for using the board on the web, but I found nothing.

Can someone help me ?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir, thank you for your preference for using our products.
Unfortunately, we don't have any example of the NTAG 5 connected to the Raspberry Pi. Do you happen to have any first attempts that you could share with us? Especially if you have a log that we can start working with.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

h5
Contributor I

Hello,

thank you for your answer. I connect the board to the raspberry PI GPIO by the SCL and SDA connector on the board to the GPIO on the raspberry GPIO2 (SDA) and GPIO3 (SCL) and I powered the board with on a 5V pin. On Raspian the board his recognized on the I2C port when I use the i2cdetect command on the shell. I try to communicate with the board by scanning all the register with the i2cdump command, all of them have the 0xFF value. When I try to write another value with the i2cwrite command on one of the register the command return no error but the register value is not changed. I tried the libnfc library (GitHub - nfc-tools/libnfc: Platform independent Near Field Communication (NFC) library), but  she returns errors with the board and no official pilot for the board is available. I also tried to use this software like is describe on your website Easy set-up of NFC on Raspberry Pi - NXP Community. I modified the GPIO configuration in the phTmlNfc_alt.h file, to adapt to my configuration like to describe in this documentation AN11697 (nxp.com) but it did not work. Finally, I tried to use the python smbus library to communicate with the board, but I failed to find in which register I have to read to have access to the data on the tag I put on the board.

0 Kudos

h5
Contributor I

Hello,

Is the board only made to run on an i2c to USB bridge with the cockpit application or it can be used with other hardware like a Raspberry or an Arduino for example ?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos