cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need theta_JC for PBSS5540Z BJT

cjcygan
Contributor I

Hello,

I am evaluating the thermal performance of the PBSS5540Z BJT (bipolar junction transistor) and am measuring the case temperature using a Therma-Bridge (manufactured by IMS) to guarantee thermal conductivity between a J-type thermocouple and the PBSS5540Z collector case (the Therma-Bridge also guarantees electrical isolation).  I need to accurately calculate the junction temperature of this part.  Page 4 of 10 of the attached datasheet shows the junction to ambient thermal resistance (Rth_JA).  To calculate an accurate junction temperature, I need to know the junction to case thermal resistance (Rth_JC), since case temperature was measured and Rth_JA = Rth_JC + Rth_CA (thermal resistance from case ambient).

What is the thermal resistance from junction to case (Rth_JC) on this part? I have already contacted Nexperia 2 weeks ago and posted a similar technical support ticket on their website, but no one has responded yet and I need this information ASAP.

Thank you,

Carl Cygan

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your inquiry. This question is related to the Standard Products business. We would like to inform you that NXP has divested it´s Standard Products business on Feb 6th 2017. This new standalone company is called “Nexperia”, headquartered in the Netherlands, and is a world-class leader in Discretes, Logic and MOSFETs.

We would like to ask you to re-enter your inquiry at the Nexperia support web page: www.nexperia.com/support. Thank you!

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos