cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXQ1TXH5 red LED always ON, green LED never blinks

Ivana
Contributor I

Hi,

I have developed wireless transmitter using NXQ1TxH5/101J and following AN11775 Application Note.

When I power up the transmitter, the red LED lights up but the green LED never starts blinking and the red LED is always ON. When I put the device to charge nothing happens.

What could be the problem?

I attached my scheme. The only difference is that I used Wurth Elektronik 760308101104 coil and adapted the value of R8 to 68 kOhm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Ivana

0 Kudos
5 Replies

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

1:I checked your schematic, no more issue please remember update your R8 as 68k.

2:If you use R10 as 130K,the LED 11 mode will be selected. the RED LED is ON and green LED is OFF which means it's in the standby mode, if effective receiver is connected the communication is begin.

3:Please also verify your Qi-compliant receiver can works well,you can try to change new receiver to test again.

0 Kudos

Ivana
Contributor I

Thank you for your response.

I am trying to charge Samsung Galaxy S8 that should work with Qi transmitter, and I'm able to charge the device using commercial wireless charger, so the receiver is working.

I have tried using new NQX1TXH5 IC and nothing changed, red LED is always ON and the device is not charging.

I attached updated scheme and pcb from altium.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

How about the result for decrease the distance between transmitter and receiver.

0 Kudos

Ivana
Contributor I

Yes I have tried decreasing and increasing the distance between the transmitter and the receiver but it's not working. I have laid down the device on the transmitter coil and it's not working.

Also, I have noticed that I can not measure clock on the crystal with my oscilloscope.

Could you please take a look at my pcb design that i attached earlier. Could there be any problems that could cause for it not to work?

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Seems no problem for your PCB layout!

Do you change other one receiver board to test again?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos