cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVT2006 Pull-up resister maximum value

masahirokiniwa
Contributor IV

Hi,

We are evaluating NVT2006 for our application, and we have one issue as below.

I think that its reason is pull-up resister value of B-side, but we could find only its minimum value.

Could you tell me the pull-up resister maximum value in bellow condition?

(We would like to use a resister as high as possible for reducing current consumption.)

<Issue>

When A-side device output high, NVT2006 output about 2.5V to B-side.

<condition>

A-side 1.8V, B-side 3.3V

Rpu(B) = 100kohm

load current of B-side device : a few uA.

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

M.Kiniwa

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi M.Kiniwa,

Since we do not recommend to change the value of the pull-up resistors far out of the recommended value from tables 6, 7 and 8 of the datasheet, I cannot tell the pull-up resister maximum value in your desired conditions.

I apologize for the problems this may cause, but if you need to increase the current consumption by increasing the pull-up resistors value, you need to perform some tests on your side by incrementing little by little the value of the resistor until you get a good balance between current consumption and voltage level on the B-side that can work for your application.

I would say that 100k for this pull-up is very high value since the min recommended value is 1.15k, I would start my testing using a 4.7k resistor, you will probably see a good fit using a 33k or 47k pull-up, but again, you need to perform your own tests.

You can find some details about how to calculate the pull-up resistor value on section 6 of the application note AN11127: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11127.pdf

I hope this helps.

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos