cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG 5 read/write multiple blocks via I2C

tautologyclub
Contributor I

Hi,

Playing with the OM2NTA5332 NTAG5 dev board and it's going great in general, but there's one extremely crucial thing that worries me.

I have thus far been unable to read/write to SRAM and EEPROM in more than block-size chunks, i.e. 4 bytes at a time, via the I2C interface. The datasheet mentions WRITE_MULTIPLE_BLOCKS and FAST_WRITE, but those only work from NFC, right?

When using single blocks, reading the entire 256 byte SRAM takes 28 ms. If this can't be improved upon, it would be a complete dealbreaker for our use case. Any pointers?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

tautologyclub
Contributor I

What more info do you need? My question is "how do you read/write multiple bytes of memory in a single i2c command", not sure what's unclear.

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In order to better service for you. Would you please more information for your question?  So maybe I can reproduce this phenomenon.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos