cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG 5 Link I2C isn't Working after enabling Pass through Mode

Dineshkumar_J
Contributor III

Hi,

I have been developing NFC Based Product. For which I am using NTP53x2 NTAG 5 link.

I tried to communicate with it using I2C Protocol. At Initial it works fine as it should be. I tried different functionalities with it.

But, When I updated the SRAM pass through mode in Config register, I no longer able to make an I2C Communication with the TAG.

I tried to work with NFC with NFC TagInfo Application. At Full Scan Page I noticed all the registers are just filled up with 00es only.

I wonder, why.

Can anyone Help me out Please.

Regards,

Dineshkumar

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dineshkumar,

If you configured the registers as mentioned in section 8.1.3.13, you shouldn't have these problems. I'm thinking we could have a better understanding of the issue, please could you send us the memory values you are reading?

Also, If you have an NXP Reader we could also use NFC Cockpit in order to read the NTP53x2 and the responses through the log window. The following link will show you the User Manual for the Cockpit.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM11207.pdf 

https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/nfc-cockpit-configuration-tool-for-nfc-ics:... 

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Dineshkumar_J
Contributor III

Hello Fabian,

I do have the CLEV6630ARD board with me. Unfortunately it doesn't have the support for the Cockpit Application.

However I tried the NFC enabled smart phone to read the NTAG with the help NXP's NFC TagInfo. It read all the registers to be 0x00es Only.

PFA for the Taginfo read data.

Regards,

Dineshkumar J

0 Kudos

Dineshkumar_J
Contributor III

Hello @Fabian_R 

Could I get any suggestion or guidelines to solve this problem?

That Would be a helpful advice.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sir,

My apologies for not answering back earlier, unfortunately looks like the NTAG registers got blocked. As I mentioned at the beginning, this could have happened while doing the SRAM register configuration to enable the passthrough mode.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear dkroboton,
Thank you for using our product to develop your solutions, we appreciate this.

Could you give us a little more information about the commands you are sending in order for us to be sure that everything is being done correctly?
Please check the 8.1.5 SRAM chapter for usage and 8.1.4.2 for SRAM Copy enabling configuration.

Also keep in mind that due to security, the configuration registers need to be carefully used because a misplaced bit might block your ntag5 board.
Is there any chance that you might change the I2C address while configuring registers?

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Dineshkumar_J
Contributor III

Dear Fabian,

Thanks for the reply.

For enabling Passthrough Mode, I toggled the Corresponding bit of the Configuration at 8.1.3.13 Configuration. For Write and Read operation for the block of memory I followed the Command set described in 8.3.1.4 Command set Fig.10

I also doubted that I might changed the Slave address. So that I tried every address in a loop. But it didn't work out.

Can you advice something?.

Regards,

Dineshkumar

0 Kudos