NHS3100SENSORADK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS3100SENSORADK

Kesavkumar
Contributor II

1.Can we use a commercial class 1 Gen 2 RFID reader to collect the data (acceleration info)from the NHS3100SENSORADK sensor board.

2. Does NHS3100SENSORADK act similar to a passive RFID tag or it requires an external battery.

The link for the above product is https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/ntag-smartsensor/nhs3100-sensor-board:NHS3100SENSORADK

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The development kit includes the antenna for the UCODE

estephania_mart_0-1613666504296.png

Regards,

Estephania

Kesavkumar
Contributor II

From the documentation section I could see there is a mobile app that helps to visualize the data of the accelerometer on the board with help of NFC protocol.

I could also see that there is a desktop application.

How does this desktop application get the accelerometer data? (Is it by wired serial port or how)

Kesavkumar_0-1613672549003.png

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please help me with more details on where did you checked that information ?

Due to the current status of the board, the only available information regarding the board is either in the SDK documentation or in the page of the device.

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

Kesavkumar
Contributor II

Hello Estephania

This is the link that has the information I posted.

I don't think so there are any specific documents that discuss how to use the sensor board with a Class 1 generation 2 RFID reader to get the accelerometer sensor data.

Help me with the outlined procedure to do so.

Thanks

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please help me check the SDK documentation mentioned before? There you will find some examples available for the device, still, due to the board status that is all the information that is currently available.

I apologize for the inconveniences this might cause you.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The development kit you are referring to, contains two different ICs.

First it has the NHS3100 that is NFC/RFID ISO 14443 type A interface , and second a UCODE I2C which is Compliant to EPCglobal Radio-Frequency Identity Protocols Class-1 Generation-2 UHF RFID Protocol for communications at 860 MHz to 960 MHz version 1.2.0.

If you are interested on reading both the NHS and the UCODE I2C you'll need to have a reader that supports the different protocols and frequencies.

Any question , let us know.

Regards,

Estephania

Kesavkumar
Contributor II

As the development board consists of FXLS897X MEMS Accelerometer.

How to collect the data and process it further. (My use case is Machine Vibration Monitoring using UHF RFID)

Can we use any Class-1 Generation-2 UHF RFID Reader? Is there any software tool available to collect vibration data from the sensor?

0 Kudos

Kesavkumar
Contributor II

I checked there is a mobile app to get the accelerometer  data from the NHS3100 sensor board

But I want the accelerometer data to be received from class 1 Gen 2 RFID reader and process on PC.

Does the sensor board(NHS3100 sensor board) have an antenna so that I can read the digital accelerometer data using a commercial class 1 gen 2 RFID reader?

Kesavkumar_0-1613581189399.png

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The solution is comprised of both a UCode-I2C IC and the NSH3100 IC. Data can be moved from the accelerometer via the NHS3100 to the UCode-I2C. The UCode-I2c is class1 gen 2 RFID compliant for communications at 860 MHz to 960 MHz.

The data throughput via UHF reading is pretty low. Live streaming will not be possible. The UCode-I2C has 416 bytes of user memory, so you won't be able to store a lot of data on it. More data can be stored in the NVM of the NHS3100, which could then be transferred to the UHF reader using the UCode-I2C as a 'shared memory buffer', but then there an arbitration problem when both the UHF reader (via RFID) and the NHS3100 (via I2C) both access the same user memory.

Depending on what you want to do, and how you can control all parts in the communication path, it may be possible. In this solution, I advise to stick with status information, and not use the UHF interface for data transfer.

Best regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In the same page you posted of the device you will fin a section called BSP, Drivers and Middleware

You will need to download the latest version of the SDK for the device. Inside the downloaded folder you will find code examples, guides , more documentation on the board and the ICs, tools, etc.

Also, to make the most of the resources that are provided in the folder I would recommend you to check the index.html files as you can find more details on several topics.

Any question , let us know.

Regards ,
Estephania