Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple displays on i.MX 8QuadMax MEK with HDI

Jump to solution
Danilo3
Contributor III

Good afternoon,

we are trying to test multiple displays on MX 8QuadMax MEK. The image we're using is "automotive-12.1.0_1.1.0_image_8qmek_car.tar.gz", therefore we flashed it executing the flashing tool with option "-d md" as indicated in the start guide. LDVS_CH0 works properly, but HDMI does not screen anything.

Are we supposed to add/load the HDMi firmware somehow? If so, could you please explain how to do it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You should use vbmeta-imx8qm-md.img  partition for multiple displays and dtbo-imx8qm-md.img in dtb side the execute the tool with -u md -d md.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You should use vbmeta-imx8qm-md.img  partition for multiple displays and dtbo-imx8qm-md.img in dtb side the execute the tool with -u md -d md.

Regards

0 Kudos
Danilo3
Contributor III

Hello,

thanks for your prompt feedback.

We tried to flash automotive-13.0.0_1.1.0_image_8qmek_car2 by running the tool with -u md -d md and the multiple display feature works.

On the other hand, if we flash automotive-13.0.0_1.1.0_image_8qmek_car with -d md (as specified in the Quick Start Guide) the md feature does not work (i.e. the HDMI TX does not output anything). How do we manage to make this second option work as well?

Thank you.

0 Kudos