cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercury battery overconsumption caused by the PCA9539PW chip

xinapak
Contributor I

To Whom This May Concern,

I installed and tested your PCA9539W (Interface-I/O Expander) chip on our devices in batch and shipped them to our end users after confirming their quality. Several months later, some of our end users told us they found 0.9% of chip defect in more than DC:1731 of the chip’s production batches, which led to the overconsumption of button mercury cells. To be specific, when the button mercury cells are used in a power-off state, the IC can continue to function provided that the power supply is given some time. If battery over-discharge occurs, the battery will only last for months at most, even if the design service life is 2 years.

• PCA9539PW chips are installed and checked to be qualified, and the finished products are sold to end users

• A few months later end users reported problems

The attached file is my detection and analysis method for the defective products

May I ask whether the attached detection and analysis method can prove the quality problem of PCA9539PW chip?

Or is the chip damaged due to improper use by the client?

Is there a way to verify this type of problem?

Please give your valuable comments and Suggestions

The problem is that I bought the PCA9539PW chip from a spot vendor,spot vendors do not provide any after-sales service.

Is there any other way to send it to the authorized dealer of NXP Company or other relevant departments for CQC testing?

Ask for valuable guidance!

Thank You!

Regards,

Xinapak

0 Kudos
7 Replies

OnlineStoryBooks_11
Contributor I

Read Online Stories like Fairy Tales, Magic Tales, Love Stories, Scary Stories on Online Story Books

0 Kudos

OnlineStoryBooks_11
Contributor I

Read Online Stories like Fairy Tales, Magic Tales, Love Stories, Scary Stories on Online Story Books

0 Kudos

whatsapp_status_123
Contributor I
0 Kudos

Jackson57
Contributor I

By visiting the freshtownfeedback.com website you can give a fresh town customer experience feedback survey and win 500 S & H Green points. You have to rate staff behavior, the freshness of food, Availability of food, the overall experience of shopping, etc.

0 Kudos

rooter344
Contributor I

Production and Use of Batteries with Mercury . ... In addition to that, exposure to mercury can cause harm on nervous system, brain ...

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you mind to share with us your schematic part of PCA9539?

0 Kudos

Christian11
Contributor I

The purpose of the Mazzio’s Italian Eatery Survey is to collect honest and genuine feedback as possible from the customers of Mazzio’s.

https://takesurveys.onl/www-tellmazzios-com/

0 Kudos