cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRF13750H

sm6why
Contributor I

Hi,

I have 2 MRF13750 that went up in smoke quickly. I wonder if this is how they should look inside?

LD.jpg

Best regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies

sm6why
Contributor I

Hi Erica thanks for reply.

I use this design as in the photo. And one more picture of a unit that crack instantly.

I bought 3 units from a seller on EBay for $160 each. One unit seems to be alive, but only deliver 50W out with 2W drive (should be 200W).

pa.jpgKass.jpg

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It does not seem to be any of our reference designs so we can not ensure its performance of it, in this case, please ask the designer so he can give you some advice, for my part I recommend you to do the following:

1. Mount the reference circuit onto a heatsink capable of
    dissipating more than 600 W in order to provide enough
    thermal dissipation (the baseplate included in this reference
    circuit is not sufficient to serve as a standalone heatsink).
  2. Connect the ground.
  3. Terminate the RF output with a 50 ohm load capable of dissipating more than 700 W.
  4. Connect the RF input to a 50 ohm source with the RF off.
  5. Connect the drain voltage (V DD ) and raise it slowly to 50 V while ensuring that the drain current remains below or equal to the typical drain quiescent current of I DQ(A+B) B)= 150 mA.
  6. If needed, adjust the R3 potentiometer to modify the gate voltage to adjust the drain quiescent current.
  7. Raise the RF input slowly to 13.3 W (41.2 dBm).
  8. Check the RF output power (typically 700 W), the drain current (around 25 A for this power level) and the temperature of the board.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos

sm6why
Contributor I

Hi Erika,

Thank's for answer. No it is based on the original design. The question is if the inside looks like it should.

Of course not the burnt location.

Lasse // SM6WHY

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

No, they definitely should not look like that, are you using one of our reference designs, if so, which one?

0 Kudos