cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100NPAEP - program different I2C address for device

Jump to solution
NaveenHN
Contributor II

We are using 2 MMPF0100NPAEP parts on our board with different voltage settings for the two devices. U1 has default 0x08 I2C address. We want to make U2 I2C address as 0x0A. We want to vary the voltages of different power rails during testing. We generated scripts files for U1 and U2 from KITPFGUI_4.0. We are able to successfully program U1, but while programming U2, the device is not getting programmed and shows "Program Error". Is there any extra steps we need to take when programming different I2C address for MMPF0100 device?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
NaveenHN
Contributor II

Hi All,

Received support from NXP on our issue. Posting the solution so that any others facing this problem will be able to get the issue resolved.

First of all we need to program the I2C address last 3 bits in register 0xFF, Page 1 before any other OTP registers are programmed. By default, I2C address will be 0x08 and last three bits are OTP programmable. 

In Program tab in KITPFGUI software, on the bottom-left side of the screen, set the I2C address to 0x08 and in "I2C Byte Write" section enter 0xFF in "Register" and 0x0A (or other values till 0x0F as per required I2C address) in "Data", Set the "Page" to P1. Click "Byte Write" and the device will be programmed with I2C address as 0x0A.

Next, confirm whether the written value is correct. In bottom left screen do a byte read after setting I2C address 0x0A and "Register" as "0xFF" in Page P1 and click on "Byte Read", you should see 0x0A in "Data". This will ensure the device I2C address is changed to 0x0A. Then you can program all other registers using script file without any error.

Thanks to NXP support team for quick solution.

Regards,

Naveen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NaveenHN
Contributor II

Hi All,

Received support from NXP on our issue. Posting the solution so that any others facing this problem will be able to get the issue resolved.

First of all we need to program the I2C address last 3 bits in register 0xFF, Page 1 before any other OTP registers are programmed. By default, I2C address will be 0x08 and last three bits are OTP programmable. 

In Program tab in KITPFGUI software, on the bottom-left side of the screen, set the I2C address to 0x08 and in "I2C Byte Write" section enter 0xFF in "Register" and 0x0A (or other values till 0x0F as per required I2C address) in "Data", Set the "Page" to P1. Click "Byte Write" and the device will be programmed with I2C address as 0x0A.

Next, confirm whether the written value is correct. In bottom left screen do a byte read after setting I2C address 0x0A and "Register" as "0xFF" in Page P1 and click on "Byte Read", you should see 0x0A in "Data". This will ensure the device I2C address is changed to 0x0A. Then you can program all other registers using script file without any error.

Thanks to NXP support team for quick solution.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos