MFRC522 reader mifare card detection without polling

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFRC522 reader mifare card detection without polling

TylerRake
Contributor II

Is there any possibility to detect the presence of RFID tag without repeatedly sending request from the MFRC522 reader ? If possible, how to configure the reader? any interrupt? I am using MIFARE 1K card and MFRC522 reader

0 Kudos
4 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @TylerRake

Hope you are doing well.

Please, consider that MFRC522 is Not Recommended for New Designs. For new designs, consider using recommended product CLRC663 plus Family. Also, MIFARE Classic is not Recommended for New Designs either; instead, we recommend using our MIFARE® DESFire® Light IC. For these reasons, our support for these products is limited.

If your development is on an early stage, I would strongly recommend moving to CLRC663 Plus Family, as it may help you to speed up your project.

Unfortunately, we do not have any software examples regarding MFRC522. The only information that is available can be found in the MFRC522 product page.

My recommendation is to please explore the possibility of using a MFRC631 plus. Which is supported by our NFC Reader Library and, has a collection of examples including a MIFARE devices.

If you are still planning to use these devices that are Not Recommended for New Designs, please keep in mind that you may face some supply issues in a future.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience this might cause you.

Regards,
Eduardo.

TylerRake
Contributor II

@EduardoZamora Could you give me some information on MFIN and MFOUT pins ? Thanks in advance.  

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The information available can be found in the MFRC522 Data Sheet. MFIN and MFOUT interface is described in Section 8.2.4

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

TylerRake
Contributor II

Thank you for your response @EduardoZamora and for the contents you have shared. 

0 Kudos