cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1322x USB Dongle as coordinator (ZTC)

Jump to solution
liza
Contributor I

So looking at other posts I think this this can be done but I'm struggling. I have the MC1322x USB Dongle and what I really want to do is program it via the ZTC to be a coordinator node.

My goal is pretty much the same as the individual here:

ZigBee dongle with pre-installed firmware?

But I'm struggling. I have managed to sort out the jumpers on the dongle so I can clear and upgrade the flash. I've tried putting the firmware images which come with the kit on but get no response to ztc commands.

I am currently struggling to find the right version of IAR Embedded work bench so have come close to generating my own image but I'm guessing that I can't get round this step. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
  • RF

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlanCollins
Contributor V

Hello Elizabeth,

You are in the right direction. You are just missing a couple of steps. See below my suggestion:

1. First you need to download the BeeKit wireless toolkit: BeeKit Wireless Connectivity Toolkit Product Summary Page --> important: BeeKit installer includes very valuable documents. You must refer to the documentation.
  2. Open BeeKit, choose the ARM7 BeeStack codebase 3.1.1, Choose the Demo App you want to use. It can be from a Black Box binary, to any Smart Energy, Home Automation, or others. Make sure the ZTC is enabled (the wizard helps).
  3. Export and open your solution in IAR IDE 5.5. Then compile the project, so the .bin is generated.
  4. Open firmware loader from Test Tool 12 (installed along with BeeKit) which will help you to download the .bin image in the USB dongle. (using the erasing flash pins)
  5. Once you have the ZTC enabled demo in the USB dongle, you can send/receive ZTC commands using the Test Tool Command console.
  6. To command your device to create a network as coordinator, you need to call the ZDO_Start function, using the ZC as parameter.

These steps are simplified. So I'm expecting you will have more questions. I will be monitoring this tread to answer future questions.

Cheers,

Alan Collins

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlanCollins
Contributor V

Hello Elizabeth,

You are in the right direction. You are just missing a couple of steps. See below my suggestion:

1. First you need to download the BeeKit wireless toolkit: BeeKit Wireless Connectivity Toolkit Product Summary Page --> important: BeeKit installer includes very valuable documents. You must refer to the documentation.
  2. Open BeeKit, choose the ARM7 BeeStack codebase 3.1.1, Choose the Demo App you want to use. It can be from a Black Box binary, to any Smart Energy, Home Automation, or others. Make sure the ZTC is enabled (the wizard helps).
  3. Export and open your solution in IAR IDE 5.5. Then compile the project, so the .bin is generated.
  4. Open firmware loader from Test Tool 12 (installed along with BeeKit) which will help you to download the .bin image in the USB dongle. (using the erasing flash pins)
  5. Once you have the ZTC enabled demo in the USB dongle, you can send/receive ZTC commands using the Test Tool Command console.
  6. To command your device to create a network as coordinator, you need to call the ZDO_Start function, using the ZC as parameter.

These steps are simplified. So I'm expecting you will have more questions. I will be monitoring this tread to answer future questions.

Cheers,

Alan Collins

0 Kudos
AlanCollins
Contributor V

To get the download package link for IAR IDE 5.5 version you need to contact IAR support: www.iar.com