Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC57D54MB Stuck at 98% Flashing due to Internal Flash CRC on Blocks

Jump to solution
johnkevintoral
Contributor II

Hi, 

I am working on MAC57D54 EVB for more than a year now. But recently I encountered problems that flashing was stuck on the following:

Loading programming algorithm ...
            Done.
            Programming sequency is : erase, blank check, program, and verify {default}
            CMD>VC
            Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges ...
             block 18F9C000-18F9C01B ...
             Ok.
            block 18FA0000-18FA001B ...

It seems to me that it has problems on checking contents of internal flashing with block from 18FA0000-18FA001B. Last program i flashed was writing to that block. 

One solution I have encountered from different thread was deleting contents from that internal flash but I cannot see any tools from PEMicro that is compatible to my hardware(like PROGDSC). If you have any solutions in mind that i could try, i would totally appreciate it. Or if there are any tools that could erase internal flash, please let me know. 

Or any solutions would help. 

Best Regards, 

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AjeshKumar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin,

It's good that after avoiding the Read partition0 blocks (where you were facing issues) the flash configs works. The root cause could be either there is some issue in that region or somehow RWW criterion might be violated with partition0 blocks under 0x18FA0000 - 0x18FA3FFF.

You might used any partition block except the failure one and got success. I was also about to recommend for using other block in partition1 like highlighted block in below snapshot.

AjeshKumar_0-1662374046469.png

There will be no change in the linker file further except the flash config2 address spaces for 16k region. please use your existing linker file which was shared with us with update of flash config2 addresses.

Snapshot from linker for Memory organization part -

AjeshKumar_1-1662374269045.png

Thanks,

Ajesh 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
johnkevintoral
Contributor II

Hi Ajesh,

Thanks again for your response. 

I will try that in my next flash. I know it should work. 

Appreciate your help.

Best Regards, 

Kevin

0 Kudos
johnkevintoral
Contributor II

Hi Ajesh, 

Thank you for your response. 

I tried to edit linker file on my own by avoiding those blocks. 

It flashed completely. My next task is to quality check behaviour of the production firmware. I know that it should not be affected since those blocks are not used anyway. 

But i will still wait for your linker file for reference.  

Pleae let me know your thoughts.

Regards, 
Kevin
0 Kudos
AjeshKumar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin,

It's good that after avoiding the Read partition0 blocks (where you were facing issues) the flash configs works. The root cause could be either there is some issue in that region or somehow RWW criterion might be violated with partition0 blocks under 0x18FA0000 - 0x18FA3FFF.

You might used any partition block except the failure one and got success. I was also about to recommend for using other block in partition1 like highlighted block in below snapshot.

AjeshKumar_0-1662374046469.png

There will be no change in the linker file further except the flash config2 address spaces for 16k region. please use your existing linker file which was shared with us with update of flash config2 addresses.

Snapshot from linker for Memory organization part -

AjeshKumar_1-1662374269045.png

Thanks,

Ajesh 

0 Kudos
johnkevintoral
Contributor II

Let me just add, I am using S32DS for ARM IDE with PEMicro Multilink FX Debugger

0 Kudos
AjeshKumar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin,

This issue/ticket is under discussion via Salesforce and seems the Salesforce discussion is not updated here. 

Thanks for sharing linker file and will update you after linker file analysis with respect to the bad blocks.

Regards,

Ajesh 

0 Kudos