Lateral camera images perform asymmetrically

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lateral camera images perform asymmetrically

Contributor II

NXP staff,

Hello, my company is developing a product using the surround view system on imx8. The cameras, which are processed by active alignment, are fixed on an SUV. As you can see in the following image, the lateral cameras are fixed symmetrically. Since the cameras are actively aligned, they are sharing the same calib_result.txt file attained using ocamcalib toolbox and images captured by just one of them.

symmetric installationsymmetric installation

The patterns are placed around the vehicle 10 to 20 centimeters. And the images of the lateral cameras seem to be symmetric as well.

symmetric imagessymmetric images

However, in the defisheyed view, the performance of the left camera image and the right camera image are very different. The right camera image (bottom left one) seems just fine. But the patterns in the left camera image (top left one) differ very much in size. It seems like the right camera is tilting to one side, which is proved to be incorrect by the camera installation and replacing the camera.

asymmetricasymmetric

Now, could you point out the reason of this phenomenon for me? At first I think it is because the data in the calib_result.txt file. But when I use a different result file, making the lateral camera images symmetric, the sizes of the patterns in each lateral cameras still differ a little bit and the calibration result seems very unacceptable.

Thank you very much in advance!

0 Kudos
0 Replies