Is the MC6821 still in production? Who made them? Authenticity check?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the MC6821 still in production? Who made them? Authenticity check?

williamthornton
Contributor I

I'm going to ask this as I believe NXP owns Freescale's IP now. Sorry if I'm confused or if this is not allowed. 

I'm working on an older board with an MC68B21P. I don't think these are still in production, but wanted to confirm that before buying anything from anyone. 

Looking for a replacement I see a Freescale variant offered online by non-franchise distributors, but no documentation by Freescale indicating they made these. Can you tell me if this is correct or if this part has been remarked incorrectly? 

Thank you for your time. 

Again, sorry if this post is not allowed. Not sure where to ask this due to companies being sold off, closing, etc. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Luis_Garabo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, this family has already been discontinued this is the EOL notification:
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/product-change-notice/PCN3932.txt?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 this is the link where you can verify the information.

I am sorry for the inconveniences.

0 Kudos

williamthornton
Contributor I

Thank you for the reply. I found this notice outside of NXP servers and didn't know if it was correct, thank you for confirming that. 

Yes, I was fairly sure they were discontinued but wanted confirmation. I see 'Freescale' versions of the 6821 for sale through non-franchise distributors and had a suspicion they were incorrectly marked / fake.

Does NXP have a reporting system for things like this? 

0 Kudos