cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C resistors pull-up not high while Power-Down mode

Gabriel88
Contributor II

Dear Community,

I'm developing an application with low power consumption on a #QN9030.

The idea is to have a Power-Down mode must of the time and just wake-up for a I2C communication and back to sleep.

The problem I'm facing is that I2C Pins are not high unless I2C is communicating, so the pull-up resistors are consuming "a lot" (1V9 @ 2k2 ohm, each).

I already edit GPIO configuration under pim_mux.c with for the specific I2C Pins:
#define IOCON_PIO_MODE_PULLUP 0x00u /*!<@brief Selects pull-up function */  (pin_mux.h)

The power consumption is the same as previously defined.

I'll appreciate whatever information you have.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

For the power down mode in the QN9030, it is need to take on account that only the I2C0 is able to wake-up from power down mode. Apart from changing the pin mux mode of the pull up to 0x00 as you just did also the following steps are required:

• Enable the I2 C interrupt in the SYSCON_STARTER0 register to create the wake-up

signal asynchronously while the core and the peripheral are not clocked

• Configure the I 2C is slave mode
  • Enable the I2 C interrupt in the INTENSET register which configures the interrupt as a

wake-up event. The following events are examples:

– slave deselect

– slave pending (wait for read, write or ACK)

– address match

– Data available/ready for the monitor function

• Ensure that the Comm0 power domain will be active during the power cycle, using the

power control APIs.

• Perform power down request. Note, the Low Power API should be used to perform

the configuration and execution of power down cycles

All this information can be also found in the User Manual link below, please let me know if you find this information useful.

User Manual UM11141 

0 Kudos