I can tell you if the power transformer can be overloaded.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can tell you if the power transformer can be overloaded.

maryzhu
Contributor I

I read an electronic magazine in which there is a report on if the power transformer can be overloaded. After reading, I became interested in the power transformers. So I searched some related materials and information about this topic. Today I come to this forum to turn to you to discuss my understandings are appropriate.

Here are my personal understandings:

(1) When the power transformer over the load 1.3 times, the outdoor transformer allows the overload time of 2h, indoor 1h;

(2) When the power transformer exceeds the load 1.6 times, the outdoor transformer to allow the overload time of 30min, indoor for 15min;

(3) When the power transformer exceeds the load of 1.3 times, the outdoor transformer to allow overload time of 2min, indoor 1h;

(4) When the power transformer exceeds the load of 2.0 times, the outdoor transformer to allow the overload time of 7.5min, indoor for 4min.) When the power transformer exceeds the load 1.75 times, the outdoor transformer allows the overload time of 15min, indoor 8min;

Ps: Excuse me if I was wrong in words or expressions as I am a green hand in the field of power transformers. I need continual learnings.

What is your idea ? Do you agree with my ideas ? Any of your ideas would be highly appreciated.

May someone would like to help ?

thanks in advance

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
0 Replies