How to upload HEX file on SJA1105PEL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload HEX file on SJA1105PEL

SterlingArcher
Contributor I

We are looking to use the ethernet switch SJA1105PEL on a custom set of computer boards we are designing, to network them together. I found the resource for the development board and it looks like you can execute a script in windows to upload the configuration file in HEX format to the board.

I have two questions:

- When we implement the IC into our own design, is the upload of the configuration file done over SPI? If not, how do we upload the configuration file if it isn't in the development board, but our own design?

-We are using Linux as our OS on the custom PC board we're designing, so if the configuration file is loaded over SPI or another method, is there another way to upload the file to the IC using the Linux OS it will be connected to? I didn't notice another method in the documentation.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the SJA1105PEL must be connected via SPI to a host controller for initial configuration.
Refer to device DS, User Manual (UM11040) and Application Hints (AH1704) for more info.
Device and Linux drivers can be obtained through Docstore; https://www.docstore.nxp.com/products?path=/content/docstore/product-hierarchy/Vehicle-Networking-/A...

BR, Petr

0 Kudos