How to config MC33772B to get FAULT pin active when fault detected

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config MC33772B to get FAULT pin active when fault detected

MarkFan
Contributor III

Hello, as title, I tried to let OV/OT fault occur, the FAULT1_STATUS could detected the fault, however, the FAULT pin remain in low level. even I tried to let FAULT_DIAG set to 1,  FAULT pin still stay in low level.

What kind of condition or situation, when FALUT occur then trigger the FAULT pin to High level.

Thanks for any help.

Mark

0 Kudos
4 Replies

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For the FAULT_MASK1 the Bit15 to Bit13 are reserved when write you need keep them '000'.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Enable the ADC1_A and ADC1_B fault detection by setting FAULT_MASK2 ($28) register, MASK_11_F = MASK_10_F = 0.
0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For the OV please refer to:

When unmasked by FAULT_MASK1[MASK_12_F], the FAULT1_STATUS[VPWR_OV_FLT] bit sets the FAULT output pin high. An overvoltage condition on the VPWR pin does not cause the 33771 to perform a shutdown. The pack controller may clear the FAULT1_STATUS[VPWR_OV_FLT] bit when VPWR returns to the normal operating range by writing logic 0 to the FAULT1_STATUS[VPWR_OV_FLT] bit.

0 Kudos

MarkFan
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply.

Right now I can let the FAULT pin activate, one more question  related wake-up event.

I just want to MASK UV event,

1. I tried to set  FAULT_MASK1[MASK_0F] = 0x1

2. WAKEUP_MASK1[MASK_0F] = 0x1

3. goto sleep, then [the let UV event happened,

4. the FAULT pin activate and system wake-up

if FAULT_MASK1 = 0xf and WAKEUP_MASK1 =0xf, UV event happened, system won't wake-up.

it means I MUST setting UV/OV/UT/OT event at the sometime(value = 0xF), cannot setting individual  event only one of (UV/OV/UT/OT).

0 Kudos