How can i know that SC16IS740 Referenc circuit design

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i know that SC16IS740 Referenc circuit design

seonghyeokhong
Contributor I

How can i know that SC16IS740 Referenc circuit design?

i want to know reference design of SC16IS7XX series 

and how to connect RS485 without transciever?

Can i connect directly RS 485 port to RXD, TXD?

Tags (1)
5 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is a Demo board kit using the SC16IS750 named OM6270, you can buy it directly from the following link: http://www.nxp.com/part/OM6270?lang_cd=en

Please find attached the schematics of this demo board that you can use as a reference for your circuit design.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

samuelhsieh2
Contributor II

Hi Jose:

May I ask for advice for the OM6270 schematic?

I find the Xtal Y1 using 14.7465MHz in the schematic, but the datasheet of SC16IS0/750/760 show..1.8432MHz/3.072MHz.

Because Xtal 1.8432MHz/3.072MHz is going to EOL, I want to check that Is it ok to use 14.7465MHz ?  

Thanks!

Samuel

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Samuel,

Yes, it is it ok to use 14.7465MHz, we have been using this crystal value in our boards and it works as expected.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

samuelhsieh2
Contributor II

Hi Jose:

Thanks for your quickly reply,

It's helpful.

Another question.. that if I want to use 9600 baud rate by UART, may I use 12.288MHz xtal for this application?

best regards,

Samuel

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Samuel,

Yes, 12.288MHZ xtals allows integer division to common ART baud rates up to 38400, so, 9600 is valid baud rate.

-Jose

0 Kudos