Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I recover the deleted certificate

Jump to solution
Khalil_Azouz
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using SE050 Secure Element, and I think I deleted the device certificate by using DeleteAll API.

Is there any way to recover these Certificates?

Khalil_Azouz_0-1641397670241.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Khalil_Azouz ,

It depends. Actually only secure Objects that are trust provisioned by NXP are not deleted (i.e., all objects that have Origin set to ORIGIN_PROVISIONED), while this attribute is updated during applet runtime for Secure Objects of type AESKey, DESKey, HMACKey, ECKey and RSAKey only and does not get updated for other object types. so better save the certificates before issuing the DeleteAll command. You may use the following demos for that purpose.

Kan_Li_0-1641782766128.png

Kan_Li_5-1641782933981.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Khalil_Azouz
Contributor I

Hi @Kan_Li ,

Thank you for reply,

I also have another question, Is there any way to use "Se05x_API_DeleteAll" Api without removing those certificates?

Regards,

Khalil Azouz

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Khalil_Azouz ,

It depends. Actually only secure Objects that are trust provisioned by NXP are not deleted (i.e., all objects that have Origin set to ORIGIN_PROVISIONED), while this attribute is updated during applet runtime for Secure Objects of type AESKey, DESKey, HMACKey, ECKey and RSAKey only and does not get updated for other object types. so better save the certificates before issuing the DeleteAll command. You may use the following demos for that purpose.

Kan_Li_0-1641782766128.png

Kan_Li_5-1641782933981.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Khalil_Azouz ,

I think you might have to go through the EdgeLock 2GO service to restore them, please kindly refer to "se05x_mw_v04.01.00/simw-top/doc/nxp_iot_agent/doc/introduction.html#offline-provisioning-of-secure-objects" and https://www.nxp.com/products/security-and-authentication/secure-service-2go-platform/edgelock-2go:ED... for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos