Helo everyone i have a transistor of motorola but i searched in every place and is not information about what is, it has the follow numbers: on top: "301767" down: "M t2 51" .If some one can help me i realy apreciate. sorry for my english.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helo everyone i have a transistor of motorola but i searched in every place and is not information about what is, it has the follow numbers: on top: "301767" down: "M t2 51" .If some one can help me i realy apreciate. sorry for my english.

danielherrera
Contributor I

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Dear Daniel,

Your transistor marking is not recognized in our database, however more info (package, photo, where you found it installed, etc, ...) could help to search our archived files.

Most helpful would be the picture with clearly visible transistor marking.

Best Regards,

Wlodek_D.

0 Kudos

danielherrera
Contributor I

Dear Wlodek

Tanks very much for responding my request the photo of the component is as follows, also coment you this semiconductor is from a power suply of 1985. motorola-transis.jpg

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for posting picture and info.

The part marking reminds the Custom Device (device manufactured upon particular OEM Customer order), so it is not possible to find any data in our archive for this 30-years old product.

From package picture I see it is TO-247 Type - this package was used at those time for Power Bipolar Transistors MJW family.

Transistors in this NPN family was rated for Ic = 10-30 A and Vceo = 650-1500 V. Leads (from left to right on your picture): B-C-E.

Application in power source require devices with Vceo rated up-to 800V approximately, so our search direction seems to be correct.

The Ic ratings depends on power source output current, schematics configuration, and total power in general, so estimation is not easy, however the MJW family is still the closest candidate.

As example devices from MJW family I can point MJW18020, MJW16012, MJW16010. For datasheet please use public repository (see e.g. http://www.datasheetarchive.com/ ).

Good message is that Bipolar Power Transistors from former Motorola portfolio are manufactured by ON Semi (wwww.onsemi.com), please try to search their portfolio for device close to mentioned above.

If you need replacement device (e.g. for service purpose) then you can try one of pointed devices - it should work.

I hope this should help.

Regards!

Wlodek_D.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

danielherrera
Contributor I

Dear Wlodek.

Tanks very much for your responce its realy helpfull, i realy apreciate your time in this matter also atach pictures to the power suply an the votls in the pines.VOLTAJE-PINS.jpg

20151213_203426.jpg

20151213_203438.jpg

0 Kudos