HOW to add nonlinear model BFU590Q in ADS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW to add nonlinear model BFU590Q in ADS?

Contributor I

I successfully imported the file named "BFU5XX family ADS design kit v2" in ADS, and also downloaded the model of "BFU5XX family SPICE GP model".But I failed to add the BFUxx spice GP model as per the installation file.

How can I successfully use the BFU590Q nonlinear model in ADS

Labels (1)
  • RF

2 Replies

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please, do not mix these two different packages.

"BFU5XX family ADS design kit v2" is ADS design kit. It should be unzipped from ADS as any other ADS kits. After the kit is unzipped and added to the project, a new ADS palette will be available "BFU5XX_family_design_kit_v2". Just place the components from this palette to your schematic cell. You don't need "BFU5XX family SPICE GP model" to work with ADS.

"BFU5XX family SPICE GP model" is a separate collection of SPICE models. It is not related to ADS environment and can be used with any other SPICE simulator.

If you want, a SPICE model can be imported to ADS. You should follow import instructions from Keysight:
http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/ads15/spicent/snt022.html

Have a great day,

Pavel
TIC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shixinyongheng
Contributor I

Hi. I am very interested in the wideband RF transistors BFU5xx and BFU6-9xx produced by NXP. I'm trying to design low phase noise oscillators and LNAs using these transistors, but I can't find models of them on your company's website. Can you provide their ADS 2020 software model? I will be very grateful. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

My email is : nuaa0409@163.com

0 Kudos