cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEAT usage

TimeLord86
Contributor I

Hi everyone!

I am trying to use HEAT in a project I'm developing. Out of interest, has anyone been able to establish a two way communication using only the HEAT server console, or is this not possible? From the HEAT demo I know that I can get information from the board on a sprintf statement, and I can write to and read from files on the host.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AndrewinApps
Contributor IV

Hi David,

It sounds like you are already using HEAT to it's full extent - as in - the ADS/EVM has to be the one to send or request the data as far as I'm aware (in it's standard usage).

I believe the Visual C++ source for the HEAT server is provided with SDOS, so if the user wishes to modify this - that could be done, but this isn't supported by Freescale.

-Andrew

0 Kudos

TimeLord86
Contributor I

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. As a follow up to your post, is it possible to get the EVM to request data (using 'gets' for example) from the HEAT server console? I can get the EVM to read data from the CodeWarrior console, but I'd like to redirect this to the server console if possible. The problem is, there is no HEAT wrapped STDIN provided (or appears to be supported), and the HEAT server console itself is locked to prevent input.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

AndrewinApps
Contributor IV

Hi David,

It's pretty much as you said. 

What I might suggest is creating a separate "command file" that you use in place of STDIN as input script.

0 Kudos