cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXTH870911 in slave mode

Jump to solution
TKB
Contributor II
Hi The embedded firmware user guide says that the FXTH87xx11 is used in Master mode i.e. it manages the clock on PTA1. Is it possible that the FXTH870911 be used in slave mode i.e. I can use a third party microcontroller to generate the clock and I try to read the pressure, temperature values through the simulated SPI interface? Thanks Tushar
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tushar,

Yes, it is possible to use the FXTH870911 in slave mode.

However, this has to be implemented in the application, this is not already integrated in the FXTH.

The FXTH can transfer information to another MCU using software SPI or software IIC, as there is no hardware SPI or I2C block in the FXTH.

There are several ways to trigger the P/T measurement and SPI transfer: for example, it can be triggered by a periodic wake up using the FXTH PWU block, or by an external signal triggering an interrupt on a FXTH GPIO (using the KBI block of the FXTH).

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TKB
Contributor II

Thanks Tomas. That is helpful to know!

Tushar

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tushar,

Yes, it is possible to use the FXTH870911 in slave mode.

However, this has to be implemented in the application, this is not already integrated in the FXTH.

The FXTH can transfer information to another MCU using software SPI or software IIC, as there is no hardware SPI or I2C block in the FXTH.

There are several ways to trigger the P/T measurement and SPI transfer: for example, it can be triggered by a periodic wake up using the FXTH PWU block, or by an external signal triggering an interrupt on a FXTH GPIO (using the KBI block of the FXTH).

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos