FS26 EVM Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS26 EVM Configuration

gkreger25
Contributor I

Hi I have a question about how to properly configure the FS26AEEVM using the related GUI.

Currently I power up the device according to the User manual instructions in section 6, but rails do not output to the voltage value I write using the mirror registers tab. For example, no matter how I set the registers VPRE always outputs 5.4V after power up. 

Please advise how to correctly configure rail voltages using the associated GUI. 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you. Please review the questions below for a better understanding. 

1. Could you please download and install the GUI from here?  

2. Could you please make sure that you select the correct target?

diazmarin09_1-1667852787688.png

3. Could you please make sure that the FRDM-KL25Z board is properly flashed with the proper BOOTLOADER? You can find such file at \GUIs\NXP_GUI_PR\NXP_GUI_PR_6.0.0\2 - MCU\1 - KL25Z_FW

4. Could you please confirm that your device is within the configuration below? Please make sure that you connect the Windows PC USB port to the KL25Z USB side of the Freedom board

diazmarin09_2-1667852829514.png

5. Is the board detected by the GUI?

diazmarin09_3-1667852839116.png

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

gkreger25
Contributor I

Hi David, 

Thank you for your reply. Please see my comments to your questions below.

1) Yes I am already using the "NXP GUI for Automotive PMIC."

2) I only have FS26 listed as a target on the GUI not FS26-CO. Is that an issue?

nxp gui product select.PNG

3) How am I meant to access the file location you provided? On my end it is just a file path with no link. Although, I do not believe the FRDM-KL25Z board FW is the issue. I have been able to enable/disable rails via the Regulators tab in the GUI (shown below). To me this indicates that I can successfully communicate with the FS26 from the GUI.  

4) Yes the device matches the configuration you show. I have confirmed I am correctly connecting to the KL25Z USB port and not "OpenSDA."

5) Yes it is, see image below showing FS26 in green and the Regulators tab mentioned above. 

GUI window.PNG

Please advise how to correctly configure the various output regulators. Specifically their output voltage. 

Regards,

Garrett

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You are correct, it seems that your device is working as expected with the GUI. At the Regulators tab you will be able to enable or disable the regulators.

Unfortunately I do not have such evaluation board to perform some tests.

Have you tried to write to the Register maps directly in order to modify the output voltage?

diazmarin09_0-1668023154033.png

Have you tried to use the OTP tool?

This tool allows the configuration of OTP registers and generates scripts for OTP emulation or OTP programming. These scripts program parameters that the main state machine and the fail-safe state machine control.

The OTP tool includes four tabs:

• System Configuration
  • Switching and LDO Regulators
  • Voltage Monitoring
  • System Safety Configuration
  • OTP ID

Please review the chapter 7.3 from the UM11812 document.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

gkreger25
Contributor I

Hi David, 

I have been attempting to use the OTP tool. I configure my desired settings in the OTP tool, saved them using the export tab then emulate that OTP configuration using the script tab. To do this I put the device in debug mode run the OTP file then flip SW6. At this point all the outputs turn on, but still not at the desired output I set. 

VPRE outputs 3.2V instead of my setting of 6V. Are you able to assist in explaining this behavior? 

I have attached the main configuration tab and measurements summary as reference. 

Regards,

GarrettOTP capture.PNGMeasurements.PNG

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

1. Are you still facing the issue mentioned above? Please note that the OTP configuration remains available until the POR of the digital circuitry.
  2. Before starting, could you please make sure that the power conditions from Section 8.1 at the UM11812 document are valid?
  3. Are you following the conditions below?

diazmarin09_0-1669662878540.png

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

gkreger25
Contributor I

Hi David, 

1)Yes I am still facing the issues.

2)I currently do not have access to UM11812. I requested a few weeks ago, but NXP.com says my request is still being processed. My current power conditions is just a 12V supply connected to J1 VBAT connector and my PC connected to KL25Z USB port. 

3) I follow these steps and observe the same behavior I described in my previous reply. Once I run my OTP settings using the script command window the device only outputs 3.2V no matter the voltage I set in the OTP tab. Is this behavior expected? 

Regards,

Garrett 

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Garrett,

I am pleased to contact you again.

In this case, I highly recommend contacting your local sales in order to review the access to the document mentioned above. Such document describes the procedure needed to using the OTP feature.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos