FRDM-KL25Z ERROR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z ERROR

saiko
Contributor I

I have problem for my razer pc windows 10 to read the FRDM-KL25Z board, it appears as the drive for 10 seconds then error message shown below. I have installed PE Driver. can someone double confirm the path i need to install in? Idk wt to do

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi saiko,  

Do you updated the FRDM-KL25 bootloader version or not at first?

Please check the P&E Micro debugger page:

http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/faqs/faqs.cfm

You need to update the bootloader at first.

BTW, you also can use the JLINK firmware.

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/ides-for-kinetis-mcus/opensda-serial...

You can enter the bootloader mode then download the JLINK firmware, whether you can make it works or not?

Please enter the bootloader mode at first, power down the board, then press the on board reset button and hold on it, then plug the USB cable to the board, then release the reset button, can you find the BOOTLOADER device or not?

Please check it at first.

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards.

Kerry

0 Kudos

saiko
Contributor I

I cannot enter bootloader mode

0 Kudos

saiko
Contributor I

The pc shows bootloader for not longer than 10 sec then error message of the same thing show up on my pc, and also it says please insert a disk for bootloader or sth +  error message : Location not found. I want to double check for the path for the PE micro driver installation. Is it just within my computer. Or is there a specific path i need to install. I looked at other tutorial, it meant to show USB - CDC port . I dont see that on my pc. the only thing it shows up after installing the PE driver is in the jungo connectivity. 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi saiko

Do you have the win7 system?

You can find  one win7 system, and check whether you can enter the bootloader and find the device or not? From the P&E Micro webpage, you can know:

Issue: Bootloader versions 1.10 and earlier are not allowing firmware update and MSD FLASH programming on m...

Solution: Support for Windows 8/8.1, MacOS and Linux operating systems was added to Bootloader version 1.11 and MSD firmware version 1.14. Please make sure that your board is programmed with Bootloader version 1.11 or higher prior to attempting to update your OpenSDA board with a new firmware application.

Important: If you are currently running Bootloader version 1.10 or earlier, you will need to find a Windows XP or Windows 7 PC to perform this update.

Please follow these steps to find out what version of Bootloader your board is programmed with:
  1. Start your board in Bootloader mode by holding down the RESET button prior to plugging it into USB port.
  2. Open the SDA_INFO.HTM file, which will contain version numbers of Bootloader as well name and version of current OpenSDA firmware you are using. If your board is not running Bootloader version 1.11 or higher, please download the latest OpenSDA Firmware Apps from P&E website and follow instructions in corresponding documentation to update the Bootloader using the BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA application. Once the Bootloader is updated via BOOTUPDATEAPP, the OpenSDA board can then be upgraded to the latest combined MSD/DEBUG OpenSDA firmware 1.14 or greater.

PEMicro FAQ need to use the win7 system to update the old bootloader.

You can try to it.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos