cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while adding AFIC10275n MODEL to ADS

MohMor
Contributor III

Hello, 

while adding the last version of AFIC10275N_MDL_ADS to ADS, i have encountered with this warning:

failed to add item definition to cell "AFIC10275N_Level1_Rev0_DK:FSL_AFIC10275N_Level1_Rev0_MODEL"
Could not find cell "FSL_AFIC10275N_Level1_Rev0_MODEL" in library "AFIC10275N_Level1_Rev0_DK".

anyway, I did s-parameter simulation on this component successfully and I got the expected result. BUT, when I want to do transient simulation on this circuit, I encountered with an error which I have attached its text file. well, I have discussed about it in another forum. that may help:

(2) ADS error message: Internal timestep 1.91586e-10 too small at time 5.00000e-10 | Forum for Elect...

best regards

thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello MohMor,

Sorry I did not see the last error: Error detected by hpeesofsim during TRAN analysis `Tran1'

I haven't seen this error before but I have found this solution in another forum:

"Sometimes, when ADS is performing an instantaneous simulation, the simulator will report an error, this situation usually means that during the simulation process of one or more nodes in the circuit structure, the frequency of signal changes exceeds the minimum time set by the simulator.

Solution: You can try reduce the emulator step."

If this does not work I recommend that you post your question in the Keysight Advanced Design System Forums.

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello MohMor,

These warns for all NXP (former Freescale) RF ADS product models. This warning occurs because we use generic inductors inside all SPDK's for mutual inductance. The warn is due to the negative value of the mutual inductance coupling the gate and drain inside the FET2 transistor. The negative value results from the direction of the 2 inductors being coupled. The value of inductors are ~0pH and doesn't influence the simulation.

This warning is not a concern. Since it is just a warning it can be reviewed and in this case ignored.

0 Kudos

MohMor
Contributor III

thank you @ErikaC ,

but this does not solve my problem. my problem is error not warnings.

best regards,

thank you

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please ignore this warning. The model should work without any problem.

0 Kudos

MohMor
Contributor III

Hi @ErikaC ,

as I said, I don not have any problem with s-parameter simulation, but when I want to do DC or transient simulation, this error arises. for transient simulation, what settings have you applied on ADS?

for more detailed information, please go into the link attached in the original question.

best regards,

thank you

0 Kudos