显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

EInk waveform conversion and REGAL support

1,266 次查看
mick-wollman
Contributor I

Attn:@max_tsai 

We have received the attached waveform file from EInk and need to convert it for the firmware. Can you convert it and return, or direct us to a tool that will let us to the conversion?

Second, we would like to enable REGAL waveform support within the MX6SLL processors going in our product.

We are finalizing our first build of software for production and would love to include the best performing waveforms. The folks at E Ink mentioned that we may need the controller firmware from NXP in addition to the actual waveforms but they weren’t sure and suggested we talk to you. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mick

0 项奖励
5 回复数

124 次查看
stephenmurphy
Contributor I

Hi @max_tsai I'm actually following up to have this conversion process done. I took over the position Mick was previously in and this conversion is for the same product he was originally working on. Eink has provided us with a new display and accompanying .WBF format which I need to have converted.

Could you assist me with this?

Thanks!

0 项奖励

109 次查看
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi@stephenmurphy 

Please mail WBF and Timing table to max.tsai@nxp.com

0 项奖励

1,229 次查看
mick-wollman
Contributor I

Hi @max_tsai -

Our WBF file is covered by EInk NDA so I can't attach here but I can email it to you. What address should I use?

Am I understanding correctly that as long as we are using a waveform file with REGAL waveforms in it, then the hardware will automatically enable REGAL?

Thanks,

Mick

0 项奖励

1,225 次查看
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please mail to max.tsai@nxp.com.

Yes. It's correct as the waveform including REGAL and assign the waveform mode (GLD or GLR) into driver.

0 项奖励

1,231 次查看
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi@mick-wollman 

I can convert the Eink WBF to firmware and also timing table. Please attach here.

REGAL is supported by HW waveform engine with 6SLL. EPDC driver support REGAL for 6SLL. When you assign the waveform mode from user space, driver will recognize it as REGAL.

//include/uapi/linux/mxcfb.h
#define WAVEFORM_MODE_GLR16         4
#define WAVEFORM_MODE_GLD16         5

0 项奖励