Does MX27 support 166MHz mobile DDR?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MX27 support 166MHz mobile DDR?

YanjunLuo
Contributor IV

We just change the mobile DDR to 166MHz, find that sometimes the board can't boot up, stopped after display:

Uncompressing Linux............................................................................................................................ done, booting the kernel.

After some debug, I'm sure it stopped after jump to vmlinux's first head.S. Does anybody have idea to fix it?

I checked the timing setting, it should satisfied 166MHz. Anybody has tried 166MHz?

Regards,

Yanjun Luo.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

YanjunLuo
Contributor IV

Hi Renato,

We are using MT46H64M16LFCK-6 IT:A, after I modified some timing settings, it works now. The Linux kernel always can boot up. But I found another problem, sometimes the NOR flash - S29WS512P init in redboot will failed, the redboot can't read the right flash ID. The redboot always boot up without flash support. Because I'm using NOR flash to bootup, I think the NOR flash works fine, I don't understand that why can't get the right ID. Also I don't now if this is DDR related problem. The NOR flash design doesn't have problem, I used it for more than one year already.

I can't connect to www.imxdev.org now, I'll check it when I can get it.

Regards,

Yanjun Luo.

0 Kudos

Frias
Contributor V

Hello Yanjun,

Could you please let us know what is the memory you are using?

In general faster speed grade memories can be used at lower clocks.

However, there seems to have some issues on newer Micron 78nm LPDDR parts to interface i.MX27.

Please check:

http://www.imxdev.org/wiki/index.php?title=IMX27_mDDR_Issue

Regards,

Renato

0 Kudos