Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CBTU02044 support hot plug ?

Jump to solution
Xiaochun_Wang
Contributor I

Hi NXP expert,

I would like to know whether CBTU02044 support hot plug, could you please help to confirm ?  I found the following description in the datasheet.

"Back current protection on all I/O pins of these switches"

0 Kudos
1 Solution
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

A host system which supports hot plug can/should detect an endpoint/device plugging/adding to it, and support the device (with power, status update, etc.), without having to turn off /reset system power.

Hot-plug is a system function, I don’t think it is relevant to the MUX, because CBTU02044 doesn’t do detection, no register, no interrupt pinout……

The system can switch the MUX channel to connect to new endpoint/device without reset the power.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

A host system which supports hot plug can/should detect an endpoint/device plugging/adding to it, and support the device (with power, status update, etc.), without having to turn off /reset system power.

Hot-plug is a system function, I don’t think it is relevant to the MUX, because CBTU02044 doesn’t do detection, no register, no interrupt pinout……

The system can switch the MUX channel to connect to new endpoint/device without reset the power.

0 Kudos