Disabling a memory controller in S32V234-SBC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling a memory controller in S32V234-SBC

Varun_R
Contributor I

I am currently working with S32V234-SBC board and Linux has OS.It has two MMDC memory controllers (MMDC0 and MMDC1) each controlling 1GB of memory space.In my project, it is required that, all memory traffic is handled by one of the memory controllers. So I would like to disable one of the memory controllers, I prefer to disable the MMDC1 controller(and the 1Gb of space associated with it).

In simple words, I want to use only 1GB of memory space associated with MMDC0.

I have tried the following

Is it possible to disable the controller using some configuration register?

From the reference manual,I could not easily locate any such configuration register. And I am not sure whether this solution would be ideal. As it is possible for applications (during run time) to request those memory regions and what could be the possible outcomes in such a situation.

Restricting the memory region in u-boot?

I did restrict the memory region using the bootargs memsize mem=1024M@startaddress, but when I tried to request the memory past the 1GB space using devmem2, I am able to do it.

I am not sure whether this is a right way to test and whether setting the "mem" parameter will do what I intend to do.

what are the other possibilities?

Is modifying the device tree structure (with 1GB Memory) and building a new linux kernel, as it would make the complete system aware of the memory region, the only ideal solution?

Awaiting for Suggestions and Solutions!!

Thanks and Regards,

Varun

0 Kudos
0 Replies