Contact us about TFF1024HN.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact us about TFF1024HN.

kihwanhong
Contributor I

External reference of TFF1024HN We are going to use OCXO instead of Crystal for 25MHz. Is it possible?

It seems that it is not possible with the contents described in AN11516. I wonder if there is another way. Why should I use crystal for phase noise?

I set the LO frequency to 11.3GHz, down conversion from 12.45GHz to 1.15GHz and try to measure phase and delay using network analyzer. How do I configure my measuring equipment?

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
2 Replies

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OCXO can be used as external clock reference with TFF1024HN. Application note AN11516 describes using external crystal oscillator circuit based on 74LVC1GU04. It also describes requirements for XO1/XO2 signals which should the circuit provide.

In this application note, GU04 inverter provides differential output (180 degree phase shift), passive RC networks scale the amplitude and to match output impedances. You can follow the circuit in Figure 17 or make your own circuit for a design that gets a clock from external source (OCXO).

Note, poor layout may cause excessive phase noise and jitter. All the suggestions from Section 4.1 are applicable.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kihwanhong
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply.

I set the LO frequency to 11.3GHz, down conversion from 12.45GHz to 1.15GHz and try to measure phase and delay using network analyzer.

I want to measure the Group delay of the TFF1024HN. How can I measure it?

I tried the vector mixer Calibration  and measurement, but it failed.

0 Kudos