Can the PCF85063ATL get a clock stop if the exposed pad is connected to ground?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the PCF85063ATL get a clock stop if the exposed pad is connected to ground?

ronnyvrijelinck
Contributor I

Currently we have some products where the PCF85063 gets a stop clock when we switch the power off and on again.

The PCF85063 has a CR2032 backup power.

When we measure on the power pin of the PCF85063 we see it only drop about 50mv to 3.1V when we remove the power supply from our product.

The only thing we see which is not according the datasheet is that the exposed pad is connected to ground. Can this be the cause of the problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I cannot assure that this is the cause of the problem you are seen, but since the exposed pad is already connected to VSS through high ohmic (non-conductive) silicon attach and should be electrically isolated, if possible, I would recommend you to try to isolate it for test purposes.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos