Can a 300 W LDMOS give power output of 350 W? I'm using MHT1004N, where my final power amplifier circuit gives me a power output of 350 W after load-pull and matching? Is it realizable?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a 300 W LDMOS give power output of 350 W? I'm using MHT1004N, where my final power amplifier circuit gives me a power output of 350 W after load-pull and matching? Is it realizable?

Jump to solution
saurabhnerkar
Contributor II

Power outputs of LDMOS transistors.

1 Solution
LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MHT1004N device is capable to output 350W, if one is able to heat sink the device well enough to keep the maximum die temperature below the 225°C max limit specification. Make sure that all the maximum rating parameters are not exceeded. Keep in mind that the power dissipated within device depends on many parameters like overdrive level, VSWR and it may exceed the maximum rating because of unintended reasons.

General recommendation is to operate the transistor within specifications. Do not sacrifice reliability to achieve a little extra power output or gain by excluding specifications. Voltage breakdown, maximum drive and power dissipation are very important. Do not exceed the maximum permissible VSWR and operate transistor within intended frequency range. The transistor should be used within 75% of the maximum power dissipation specified.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MHT1004N device is capable to output 350W, if one is able to heat sink the device well enough to keep the maximum die temperature below the 225°C max limit specification. Make sure that all the maximum rating parameters are not exceeded. Keep in mind that the power dissipated within device depends on many parameters like overdrive level, VSWR and it may exceed the maximum rating because of unintended reasons.

General recommendation is to operate the transistor within specifications. Do not sacrifice reliability to achieve a little extra power output or gain by excluding specifications. Voltage breakdown, maximum drive and power dissipation are very important. Do not exceed the maximum permissible VSWR and operate transistor within intended frequency range. The transistor should be used within 75% of the maximum power dissipation specified.

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

saurabhnerkar
Contributor II

Thank you very much, sir! This answer solves my doubt. 

0 Kudos