Can AFT05ms003n can work with a drain supply of 5.0V for producing an output of 30dBm?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can AFT05ms003n can work with a drain supply of 5.0V for producing an output of 30dBm?

kimura
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to know whether AFT05ms003n can be used to produce an output of 30dBm with a drain supply of 5.0V. What should be the gate and drain bias? Is there any reference document or design?

Please tell me the circuit configuration and constants for matching and biasing.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kimura
Contributor I

To LPP

Thank you for the response.

I do not own AWR or ADS.
The operation is confirmed by replacing the IC with the amplifier board in the same package.
However, if you check the operation by changing the input matching under the following conditions, the IC will frequently break.
input: 100MHz 10dBm
Vds: 5V
Vg: 2.3V

The design parameters are as follows.
Please point out if there is a shortage.
frequency band: 80-100MHz
signal type: CW

The community is not well understood on first use.
How do I create a technical support ticket?

0 Kudos

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>How do I create a technical support ticket?

Please, log on to 'My NXP' using your NXP account. Then, follow Support/My tickets link

For this case, I will create a ticket by myself and I will provide you suggestions by mail.

Have a great day,

Pavel
TIC

0 Kudos

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

AFT05MS003N can be used at 5.0V

NXP provides non-linear model of this device for ADS and AWR simulation tools. You can use it for designing an amplifier.

I performed load pull simulation using ADS and got about 35dBm, 14dB, 62% @ 350MHz.

Please, provide more information about your application (frequency band, signal type...) so I could evaluate parameters for your design. Please, create a technical support ticket to continue discussion of your design.

Have a great day,

Pavel
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos