CW10.x INVALID WORKSPACE:The current workspace has been moved or copied from a......................

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.x INVALID WORKSPACE:The current workspace has been moved or copied from a......................

gregs5451
Contributor III

The current workspace has been moved or copied from a different location in the file system.
This is not supported, and can cause unpredictable behavior. Please select another workspace.

SITUATION:

1. Installed CW10.x onto Windows 10 computer. No issues.

2. Imported/copied existing project from another PC on network into CW10.x. No Issues.

3. Computer has 2 SSD's C: & D:. Decided to dedicate Drive for all working data folders.

As part of this strategy, changed the drive specification under properties for all Windows built in personal folders. Ex., Desktop, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos.

Created a folder named workspace and Imported/moved project from C: to D:/workspace.

4. Error message starts to appear when CW10.x is run. If error message is OK'ed, CW10.x terminates. If error message is CANCEL'ed, CW10.x continues to work...seemingly with no problems.

5. Thinking that my actions when changing the Windows 10 personal folders to the drive caused the issue, I uninstalled and then re-installed CW10.x. No difference, problem same as before.

6. Tried deleting the .metadata folder and other folders on C: as I saw on this forum?. No change.

7. Here is what I'm seeing regarding CW10.x application files between the C: and drives.

There are two .codewarrior FOLDERS. One on C: and one on D:.

codewarrior.log and log4cxx.xml.temp FILES are both located on C:.

codewarrior.ide.log and ALL codewarrior_ide_xxxxxxxx_xxxxxx.log FILES are located on

All appear to be updating per the file date/time stamps when CW10.x runs.

Although the application still appears to work ok, I'd like to solve this problem.

Gregg

0 Kudos
0 Replies