CTS Issue on Android Nougat 7.1.1 release on i.MX6 based Nitrogen6x platform.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS Issue on Android Nougat 7.1.1 release on i.MX6 based Nitrogen6x platform.

divyasinghatwar
Contributor I
Hello,
We are using Android Nougat 7.1.1 release (Android Nougat 7.1.1 release for i.MX6 boards - Boundary Devices ) for i.MX6 boards on Nitrogen6x platform (SOM + carrier board) from Boundary devices. When we run CTS on Android we observed that some of security related test cases fail. Please see attached CTS test report for more detail.
Looking in to Android source code of Nougat 7.1.1 release, we observed that the required security patches from Google for those failures are already applied. We also see some vpu-lib/gpu (freescale OMX codec) related crashes  in the logcat messages. You can also find logs in the attached CTS test report. 

We can't see the reason for the failures even with patches are present. We also tried to reach out boundary device and we are directed to contact NXP on this issue. Would appreciate your support on providing guidance in order to fix these failure?

200203_200203.pngsecurityfailuare.png

Original Attachment has been moved to: CTS_Report_For_SecurityModule_2017.10.11_19.09.40.zip

0 Kudos
1 Reply

brood
Contributor IV

Hello @ Divya Singhatwaria ,

We experienced the same issue and found that upgrading the FSL codecs to those included in the N7.1.2 and O8.0.0beta BSPs have resolved the majority of these.  There are some additional ones that need to be applied primarily in frameworks/av which can be found by looking for the Google bug number in the Git log.

0 Kudos