Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBTL02043 reverse differential signal polarity

Jump to solution
zeonturing_zir
Contributor I

Hi,

I was looking for a USB3.0 switch and found CBTL02043. This chip fits in my design. However, the differential signals order of USB Type C receptacle does not match that of CBTL02043. In other words, I have to reverse the differential signal during PCB routing. I see the functional diagram of CBTL02043 which show the chip are simply 4 channel MUX. Is it possible to reverse the polarity of the USB differential signals, which TX+ and TX- are connecting to A0_N and A0_P respectively?

Thanks.

Regards,

Zeon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zeon,

Yes, you can reversed either channel 0 or channel 1 or both. But you must swap on ALL A/B/C sides.

For example, if you swap A0’s P and N, you must also B0’s and C0’s P and N. You cannot swap only A0’s & B0’s P and N, and leave C0 not swapped.

Allen.jpg

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zeon,

No, it is not possible to reverse the P and N.  If you want to change the P and N, then you have to do it on A, B, C sides all together.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
zeonturing_zir
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you mean I could reverse either one of the channel, for example, connect A, B and C of Channel 0 as usual and reverse A,B and C of Channel 1? Or I must either connect both channel as usual or reversed?

Best Regards,

Zeon

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zeon,

Yes, you can reversed either channel 0 or channel 1 or both. But you must swap on ALL A/B/C sides.

For example, if you swap A0’s P and N, you must also B0’s and C0’s P and N. You cannot swap only A0’s & B0’s P and N, and leave C0 not swapped.

Allen.jpg

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
zeonturing_zir
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Zeon

0 Kudos