Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN-shield for S32K144EVB-Q100

Jump to solution
praktikant2fs35
Contributor II

Hi,

I am searching a compatible CAN-shield for the S32K144EVB-Q100. Can any one recommend me one? Or alternatively say if that one: https://de.farnell.com/infineon/sbcshieldtle9471tobo1/eval-lite-dcdc-sbc-shield-arduino/dp/3127691?s... 

would work.

Any help on this issue would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sebastian,

From NXP you can use the DEVKIT-COMM. I already checked both schematics (shield and S32K144EVB), the voltage and ground pins match, so you can use it without problems. However, there are cases where the pins don't match, either with the connection or the functionality of the pin. For example, on the DEVKIT-COMM on J17 pins, 20 and 18 are TXCAN_D and RXCAN_D.

pastedImage_1208.png

On the other hand, these pins on the S32K144EVB are a no connection. This means that you cannot access the CAN_D transceiver of the shield.

pastedImage_1376.png

However, S32K144 has three CAN instances. CAN0 is already connected to the on-board transceiver. CAN1 and CAN2 instances on the evaluation board match the connection to the shield CAN_A and CAN_B instances. So, this shield is a good option if you want to take advantage of the three CAN instances that you have on the S32K144.

For the shield that you mentioned, unfortunately, I don't have the schematics, so you will need to contact directly the manufacturer of this part.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sebastian,

From NXP you can use the DEVKIT-COMM. I already checked both schematics (shield and S32K144EVB), the voltage and ground pins match, so you can use it without problems. However, there are cases where the pins don't match, either with the connection or the functionality of the pin. For example, on the DEVKIT-COMM on J17 pins, 20 and 18 are TXCAN_D and RXCAN_D.

pastedImage_1208.png

On the other hand, these pins on the S32K144EVB are a no connection. This means that you cannot access the CAN_D transceiver of the shield.

pastedImage_1376.png

However, S32K144 has three CAN instances. CAN0 is already connected to the on-board transceiver. CAN1 and CAN2 instances on the evaluation board match the connection to the shield CAN_A and CAN_B instances. So, this shield is a good option if you want to take advantage of the three CAN instances that you have on the S32K144.

For the shield that you mentioned, unfortunately, I don't have the schematics, so you will need to contact directly the manufacturer of this part.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.