cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Zigbee examples under Linux for K32W061

glecocq
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to build a Zigbee example project for a K32W061 board on an evaluation board.

I followed this tutorial : https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-k32w061:GS-K32W061

First of all, I build a SDK : https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select?device=K32W061DK6 with the following options :

• Host OS : Linux
  • Toolchain/IDE : MCUXpresso IDE
  • Wireless zigbee stack

Inside the MCUXpresso IDE, I installed the SDK by doing a drag and drop of the SDK into the "Installed SDKs" view.

I want now to build a zigbee example, so I import one project from the examples :

• Import SDK example(s)
  • Select k32w061dk6
  • Next
  • Wireless examples
    • zigbee
    • zigbee_router

Right-click on the projet -> Build project and I end up with this error :

Building file: ../zigbee/BDB/Source/FindAndBind/bdb_fb_common.c
../zigbee/BDB/Source/OutOfBand/bdb_DeviceCommissioning.c:38:10: fatal error: pdum_gen.h: No such file or directory
38 | #include "pdum_gen.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

I'm building with an Ubuntu system, is it the root of the error ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

John_P
Contributor I

When building the wireless/zigbee/coordinator bare metal example, I'm getting the same error on Windows 10 with SDK 2.6.12, fresh install of IDE and SDK, following the instructions above.

14:05:33 **** Build of configuration Debug for project jn5189dk6_zigbee_coordinator_bm ****

make -r -j8 all

sh ../tools/ZPSConfig/Source/ZPSConfig -n coordinator -f ../source/Coordinator/Source/coordinator.zpscfg -y; sh ../tools/PDUMConfig/Source/PDUMConfig -z coordinator -e LITTLE_ENDIAN_PROCESSOR -f ../source/Coordinator/Source/coordinator.zpscfg -o ../source/Coordinator/Source; sh ../tools/ZPSConfig/Source/ZPSConfig -n coordinator -t JN518x -l ../libs/libZPSNWK.a -a ../libs/libZPSAPL.a -e LITTLE_ENDIAN_PROCESSOR -f ../source/Coordinator/Source/coordinator.zpscfg -o ../source/Coordinator/Source -c "C:\NXP\MCUXpressoIDE_11.8.0_1165\ide\/tools/"

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<stdin>", line 49, in <module>

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lxml'

File "<stdin>", line 45, in <module>

File "<stdin>", line 49, in <module>

make[1]: [makefile:93: pre-build] Error 1 (ignored)

...  much later ....

../zigbee/BDB/Source/OutOfBand/bdb_DeviceCommissioning.c:38:10: fatal error: pdum_gen.h: No such file or directory

| ^~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

Finished building: ../zigbee/OTA/Source/OTA_ServerUpgradeManager.c

make[1]: *** [zigbee/BDB/Source/OutOfBand/subdir.mk:20: zigbee/BDB/Source/OutOfBand/bdb_DeviceCommissioning.o] Error 1

../zigbee/BDB/Source/NwkSteering/bdb_ns.c:38:10: fatal error: pdum_gen.h: No such file or directory

| ^~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

The key here is "no module named: lxml"

You need to

install python3.x

make sure the python executable is in your PATH (set system environment variable, with the default system settings AFTER the new one for python...)

pip install lxml

restart the MCUXpresso IDE and retry the build

0 Kudos

thanhle1990
Contributor II

Do you have any update on supporting Linux OS for Zigbee SDK ?

0 Kudos

glecocq
Contributor II

No news so far, I'm still stuck with Windows environment.

0 Kudos

Nina
Contributor I

I have this problem on macOS

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @glecocq,

I am sorry for the late reply. I checked internally the compilation issue. 
The route cause is the zps config and pdum config tools are under windows and in the Linux environment doesn't create the files that are missing on the compilation process.

Could you please use the try the Windows environment? You can use the Zigbee examples.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Regards,

Mario

Nina
Contributor I
I have this problem on mac OS
0 Kudos