cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary Scan of MPC8260

h_humble2001
Contributor I
hi,
I am trying to use Boundary Scan on MPC8260. I am using Xilinx Cable connected to paraller port of PC. The exact name of Processor is "MPC8260ACZUMHBB". The BYPASS Command is working fine but the SAMPLE Command is not working well. When I use the SAMPLE Command we get about 880-bit stream from TDO but these pins do not reflect the state of the pins as defined in the BSDL file. I am using BSDL file "MPC8260-hip4.bsdl" and copied it from the freescale website.

Can some-one please specify the complete procedure for boundary scan of MPC8260. Please also let me know if there are any special settings. Please also tell about any free-software used for boundary scanning.

Thanks in Advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply

DesFranklin
Contributor I

Probably a bit late but.. 8260 JTAG and BDM functions are muxed I think. You need to take special care over the PORESET line which is connected to the JTAGTRST line internally.

TRST must be high throughout JTAG/boundary-scan testing.

Free JTAG software ? Try teh Buzz module from www.jtaglive.com works with Xilinx cables too provided you have the latest version of their iMPACT software installed (ask me how I know :smileywink: ). Buzz is great for continuity testing and has a neat watch feature to sample

a pins activity.

Cheers

Des

0 Kudos