BFU690F damaged even within the condition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BFU690F damaged even within the condition

weijie_teoh
Contributor I

Regarding BFU690F NPN wideband silicon RF transistor , the transistor get damaged and the collector current only = 63mA . Collector voltage = 4.7v and Vce =4.3 v.

Moreover, if  the Vc =6.5v , Vce = 2.498 v and Ic= 32mA the transistor fine .Is Is that the Vce cannot so high ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weijie_teoh
Contributor I

The DC value is 9v , May i know the transient voltage for the BFU 690F can withstand. U mean the Vcc is transient voltage? 

pastedImage_1.png Moreover , for the the typical value for dc current gain for lc = 62mA ; Vce = 4.3 v ; T = 25 ?

0 Kudos

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you provide DC voltage values?

If using RF choke biasing, the peak voltage can be twice VCC and it may violate maximum rating.

If your design uses high impedance base bias, the maximum voltage is VCEO=5.5V and it can be easily exceeded.

No problems if collector load is resistive or if base bias is low impedance.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos