cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BFU590G

mattfindlow
Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to evaluate BFU590G as an external PA (27-30dBm) for Silicon Labs si4464 transceiver at 120Mhz which has 20dBm output power.  Do you think BFU590G will behave at 120Mhz? Is the evaluation board OM7966 available? 

Thanks

Matt.

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
3 Replies

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the supply voltage?

BFU590G can be used at 120MHz.  However, it's P1dB output power will be about 21dBm at Ic=40ma and Vc=8V. At lower bias level, the output power will even lower. You can get more power at higher supply voltage and quiescent current but I'm not sure if it is acceptable for your application.

Evaluation board OM7966 is available to purchase.

Have a great day,
Pavel
NXP TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mattfindlow
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

Thanks heaps for your continuing support.

My application runs off a 12V battery, so I can regulate for 11V down. I am using the SI4464 transceiver which has a PA output up to 20dBm. My modulation is 2GFSK 5kbps with 2.5Khz deviation, so OBW=10Khz, I can go wider of course. I would like to acheive between 27dBm and 30dBm out.

Please see attached application note AN656 on page 3 figure 3, which is the circuit I would like to copy. Can you suggest a BJT that can fill the role?

Perhaps BLT81 or BFG35 if you don't think BFU590G is suitable?

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think, AFT05MS003N LDMOS transistor can be used as PA.

Using BLT50 or BLT81 is possible but I do not recommend it for new designs since they may be discontinued soon.
Have a great day,
Pavel
NXP TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos