cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the PNEV5190BP

suwin_zhong
Contributor I

hello all ,i have buy a demo PNEV5190BP,i have meet some question 

After install the NxpNfcCockpit_v6.5.0 ,the PC can find the com port,but can not connect to the demo PNEV5190BP

More ,i study the "DN_NNC_Main" datasheet ,i see the introduce ,the FW of the demo is "NxpNfcCockpit Installation dir\firmware\Secondary_PN5190\K8x\
BootLoader_And_Nfcrdlib_SimplifiedAPI_EMVCo_Secondary_FSDI_*.bin  "

but i don't know whether this FW need to loaddown demo 

I just want to know ,how i can use the PNEV5190BP  quickly 

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
10 Replies

mani_aravapalli
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a similar problem detecting my PN5190. Could you please help me as well. Just got my eval kit

Thanks,

-Mani

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @suwin_zhong 

There is the related  information about the question I send to you via email. Please kindly check it.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

suwin_zhong
Contributor I

Hello  Tina ,

The attachments haver record the questions

After  download the BootLoader_And_Nfcrdlib_SimplifiedAPI_EMVCo_Secondary_FSDI_10,the soft Cockpit v6.5.0.0 can be connect to the board .

Then i Upgrade the PN5190Firmware_2.F3 ,the demo board unwork ,the D3 RED LED is flashing ,so the demo board can't connect the soft Cockpit v6.5.0.0

whether is the problem of the Mcu ?

Have any way to solve this question?

Best Regards

0 Kudos

suwin_zhong
Contributor I

hi tina 

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @suwin_zhong ,

Thanks for your update information.

Did you follow the steps I sent the document?

And you follow the steps and try other version cockpit. eg. cockpit v6.3.

Have a nice day.

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

suwin_zhong
Contributor I

Hello tin,

Thanks for you reply 

I have follow the steps  of the document you sent me

frist step:Install the NxpNfcCockpit_06.03.00 but the question is still there .

second step:I download the BootLoader_And_Nfcrdlib_SimplifiedAPI_EMVCo_Secondary_FSDI_10

suwin_zhong_0-1651112158811.png

The board D3 light still flashing 

suwin_zhong_1-1651112385991.png

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @suwin_zhong 

You just follow "I have follow the steps  of the document you sent me" and connect to the cockpit testing again.

Note:

0 Kudos

suwin_zhong
Contributor I

Hi fangfang After Study the AN12550: PNEV5190B Evaluation Board Quick Start Guide. Now I have checked this situation from the operation guide AN12550. The red LED Blinking indicates that The PN5190 initialization failed. This might indicate a missing or corrupted PN5190 FW (e.g. if a previous secure FW update had been interrupted). This description is consistent with the firmware update of NXP NFC Cockpit V6.3.0.0, and the software freezes. Therefore, the current flashing problem should be caused by the interruption of updating firmware, so could you please help to solve the initialization failure of PN5190?

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @suwin_zhong 

Thanks for your update information.

Whenever a flashing of FW (the K82 FW or the PN5190 FW) is being interrupted, then of course afterwards there is no valid FW flashed, and the board does not work anymore.

The recovery is fairly simply though.

Use MCUXpresso (MCUXpresso Integrated Development Environment (IDE)) and import the package of PN5190 Secure Firmware Downloader (https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=SW6592).

The detailed steps of installing and importing can be found here: PNEV5190B evaluation board quick start guide

There is no extra linker being required, since our board supports the OpenSDA (using the second available USB connector).

With this example, a valid PN5190 FW can be flashed.

When done, flash the K82 FW for the NFC Cockpit.

Afterwards, everything must be running again with NFC Cockpit.

Have a nice day.

Note:

0 Kudos

suwin_zhong
Contributor I

Hello  fangfang
You just follow "I have follow the steps of the document you sent me" and connect to the cockpit testing again.
-->I have operate the follow steps for many times ,but the result is the same
I can make sure the bootloader FW has download to the MCU ,obviously the result has  no change,the D3 led still flash .

I wonder if the MCU is locked,if you can offered the any document about how to unlock the MCU ? 

suwin_zhong_2-1651804410777.png

suwin_zhong_3-1651804422848.png

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos