AFM906N

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFM906N

Schulte
Contributor I

I want to create a Spice model for the AFM906N to simulate an application in the band of 30MHz.

I need the folloeing information:

The parameters needed to define a MOSFET in LTspice are as follows:

Rg         Gate ohmic resistance
Rd         Drain ohmic resistance (this is NOT the RDSon, but the resistance of the bond wire)
Rs         Source ohmic resistance.
Vto       Zero-bias threshold voltage.
Kp –      Transconductance coefficient
Lambda  Change in drain current with Vds
Cgdmax  Maximum gate to drain capacitance.
Cgdmin   Minimum gate to drain capacitance.
Cgs       Gate to source capacitance.
Cjo        Parasitic diode capacitance.
Is          Parasitic diode saturation current.
Rb         Body diode resistance.

Rg, Rd and Rs are the resistances of the bond wires connecting the die to the package.

Vto is the turn on voltage of the MOSFET.

Kp is the transconductance of the MOSFET. This determines the drain current that flows for a given gate source voltage.

Lambda is the change in drain current with drain source voltage and is used with Kp to determine the RDSon.

Cgdmax and Cgdmin are the minimum and maximum values of the gate drain capacitance and are normally graphed in the MOSFET datasheet as Crss. The capacitance of a capacitor is inversely proportional to the distance between its plates. When the MOSFET is turned on, distance between the gate and the conducting channel of the drain is equal to the thickness of the insulating gate oxide layer (which is small) so the gate drain capacitance is high. When the MOSFET is turned off, the gate drain region is large, making the gate drain capacitance low. This can be seen on the plot of Crss.

Cgs is the gate source capacitance. Although it changes slightly with gate source voltage, LTspice assumes it is constant.

Is is the parasitic body diode saturation current.

Rb is the series resistance of the body diode.

The datasheet does not give this information.

Thanks in advance for some help

Herbert

0 Kudos
1 Reply

EC
Contributor I

Hello.

Please see the answer in your ticket number 00475960.

Thanks.

0 Kudos